Richard G. Davis, MD, FAAO
Laser Cataract Surgery & Comprehensive Ophthalmology
Richard Davis, MD, is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in laser cataract surgery, minimally invasive glaucoma surgery, and comprehensive ophthalmology. Dr. Davis graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor’s degree in biology. He then received his medical degree from Thomas Jefferson University. He completed his surgical internship at Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, Pennsylvania. He then became the Director of the Emergency Room at Inter-Community Memorial Hospital in Newfane, New York. Dr. Davis then completed a residency in Ophthalmology at State University New York at Buffalo, where he served as chief resident.
Dr. Davis founded both the Department of Ophthalmology at Huntington Medical Group in 1991 and then Precision Eye Care in May of 2000. He was one of the founding partners of Island Eye Surgicenter and serves as the Medical Director there currently. Dr. Davis merged Precision Eye Care into OCLI in 2017. He has performed over 25,000 surgical procedures and is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Davis offers patient appointments exclusively in the Huntington location.
- Residency — State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Medical School — Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- Undergraduate — University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member American Academy of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Board-Certified Diplomat of the American Academy of Ophthalmology