William Charles Boozan, MD
Comprehensive Ophthalmologist, Laser Cataract & Refractive Surgeon
After earning an A.B. at Princeton University, William Charles Boozan, MD, went on to study at Columbia University School of General Studies. He later received his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, before completing both a general surgery residency and later an ophthalmology residency at Saint Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center of New York.
In addition, Dr. Boozan has held positions as Residency Training Coordinator and Chief, Glaucoma Service, at Sisters of Charity Medical Center in Staten Island, New York; and Clinical Instructor at both New York Medical College and Sisters of Charity Medical Center, Physician’s Assistant Program, in Staten Island, New York.
Dr. Boozan coauthored, “A Companion of Neonatal Mortality from Different Sources in a Referral NICU,” with A. Krause and P.A.M. Auld. He is currently writing, “The Prevalence of Early Posterior Capsular Fibrosis Post-Cataract Surgery in Patients Using Latanaprost for Intraocular Pressure Control,” in cooperation with P. Pal and. R. D’Amico.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate – Princeton University
- Non-Degree – Columbia University College of General Studies
- Medical School – University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Residency – Saint Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center of New York, Ophthalmology
- Residency – Saint Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center of New York, General Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- International Society of Refractive Surgeons
- Council of Healthcare and Biomedical Advisors