Fadi Z. El Baba, MD
Medical Diseases of the Retina, Vitreous & Macula
Fadi El Baba, MD is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of Retinal disorders and comprehensive ophthalmology. He obtained his Medical degree from American University of Beirut, Lebanon School of Medicine, and continued his training with a residency with the same institution.
Dr. El Baba completed his fellowship first at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD, and then the Oregon Lions Eye institute at Good Samaritan Medical Center in Portland Oregon. Dr. El Baba has participated in numerous research studies, and has served as an educator, mentor and administrator with SUNY Stony Brook since 1992. In addition to the several committees to which Dr. El Baba is appointed, he has sat as the Vice-Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology with SUNY Stony Brook since 2012, and has been the Chief of Ophthalmology at Northport VAMC since 1996.
Dr. El Baba has written over 20 peer-reviewed publications, in addition to writing abstracts, papers and poster presentations at Professional Meetings, beginning in 1982. He has been recognized as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor from 2006-2008; from 2010 until 2016, and again for 2019.
- Residency – Doheny Eye Institute; Los Angeles, CA
- Internship – Good Samaritan Hospital; Portland, Oregon
- Fellowship – Oregon Lions Eye Institute, Good Samaritan Medical Center; Portland Oregon
- Fellowship – Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital; Baltimore, MD
- Medical Residency – American University Hospital Medical Center; Beirut, Lebanon
- Medical School – School of Medicine, American University of Beirut; Beirut, Lebanon
- Undergraduate Degree – American University of Beirut; Beirut, Lebanon
- Ophthalmology Alumni Association, American University of Beirut
- Wilmer Residents Association
- Doheny Eye Institute, Alumni Association
- Fellow – American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Vitreous Society/ASRS
- Suffolk County Ophthalmology Society
- Long Island Ophthalmology Society
- Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology
- Vice Chairman, Department of Ophthalmology, SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY
- Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology, SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY
- Chief of Ophthalmology, Surgical Service, VA Hospital, Northport, NY