Ketan G. Laud, MD
Medical & Surgical Diseases of the Retina, Vitreous & Macula
- Fellowship — Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center/Vitreous-Retina-Macula Consultants of New York and University of British Columbia
- Residency — New York Medical College-Brooklyn and Queens Division
- Medical School — New York Medical College
- Undergraduate — New York University
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
Ketan G. Laud, MD, received his medical degree and completed residency training at New York Medical College. He has completed medical and surgical retina fellowships at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, the Vitreous-Retina-Macula Consultants of NY and the University of British Columbia, one of the busiest Vitreo-Retinal departments in North America.
Dr. Laud has worked at Helen Keller National Center for the Deaf and Blind overseeing the ophthalmology clinic and treating patients with complex retinal dystrophies. His research has resulted in over 40 original research articles in peer-reviewed journals, book chapters and presentations at national and international meetings. In addition, Dr. Laud has been a principal investigator in numerous national clinical trials. He serves on the Board of Directors of the William H. Ross International Fellowship in Vitreo-Retinal surgery, which provides funding and training opportunities for the next generation of Vitreo-Retinal surgeons in underserved areas around the world.
Dr. Laud is a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology and a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, The American Society of Retina Specialists, The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology and The American Medical Association.