Ashwinee Ragam, MD
Cornea, Laser Cataract & Refractive Surgeon
Ashwinee Ragam, M.D. is an ophthalmologist specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of corneal disorders and comprehensive ophthalmology. She obtained her degrees in a 7-year combined B.S./M.D. program from The College of New Jersey and Rutgers New Jersey Medical School.
Dr. Ragam completed a medical internship at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai Roosevelt Hospitals. She then went on to ophthalmology residency at The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai, where she was selected to be Chief Resident in her final year. She remained at The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary as a fellow in Cornea, External Diseases and Refractive Surgery.
Education and Training
- Fellowship – The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
- Ophthalmology Residency – The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
- Medical Internship – Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai Roosevelt
- Medical School – Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Undergraduate Degree – The College of New Jersey
- Full member, Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society
- Member, Gold Humanism Honor Society, NJMS Chapter
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society, New Jersey Beta Chapter
- Member-in-Training, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Member-in-Training, American Academy of Ophthalmology