There are more than 2 million people in the United States diagnosed with age-related macular degeneration (AMD). If you are at high risk for developing wet AMD, you can now take a proactive approach to your eye health.
OCLI is happy to offer Foresee Home screening appointments. Frequent monitoring with the ForeseeHome™ AMD Monitoring Program provides a safety net for monitoring changes in your vision between office visits, allowing your doctor to detect and diagnose wet AMD at its earliest stage.
Benefits of ForeseeHome™
- Clinically proven to detect even the smallest changes in vision related to early signs of wet AMD
- Proactive monitoring of your vision from the comfort of home
- Peace of mind from knowing that your vision is being monitored between doctor visits
- Medicare approved
The earlier detection facilitated by ForeseeHome leads to earlier treatment of the disease and provides you with the best chance of protecting good, functional vision.
The Amsler Grid test for Age Related Macular Degeneration has been used since 1945. The Amsler Grid looks like graph paper, with dark lines forming a square grid. Some versions have white lines on a dark background.
One of the first signs of macular degeneration can be wavy, broken or distorted lines OR a blurred or missing area of vision. The Amsler Grid can help you spot these early. Early detection of wet age related macular degeneration is critical because laser treatment, when indicated, is most successful when performed before damage occurs. Since dry age related macular degeneration can lead to development of wet age related macular degeneration, most patients should use the Amsler Grid.
Instructions for the Amsler Grid
- Wear your reading glasses and fully cover one eye.
- Focus on the center dot for one full minute. First do one eye, then the other.