Michael Swerdin, MD
Comprehensive Ophthalmologist & Laser Cataract Surgeon
Dr. Michael Swerdin is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist who specializes in no-stitch cataract surgery and comprehensive ophthalmology. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from the State University of New York at Binghamton. Dr. Swerdin obtained his Medical degree at the State University of New York Health Science Center in Syracuse, where he graduated in the top quarter of his class. He completed his Residency in Ophthalmology at St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center in New York and has been in private practice since 1998.
Dr. Swerdin is a member of numerous professional societies including the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the New York State Ophthalmological Society.
• American Board of Ophthalmology – Board Certified
• Teaching Assistant – Cell & Molecular Biology Course – SUNY Binghampton
Education and Training
• Residency – St. Vincent’s Hospital & Medical Center
• Internship – Beth Israel Medical Center
• Medical School– SUNY Health Science Center – Syracuse
• Undergraduate Degree – SUNY Binghampton
Dr. Swerdin offers patient appointments in the Valley Stream offices of OCLI.