Arnold S. Prywes, MD
Glaucoma & Laser Cataract Surgeon
Arnold S. Prywes, MD, graduated from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York City, where he completed an internship in internal medicine, an ophthalmology residency, and fellowship.
Dr. Prywes is immediate past president of the New York State Ophthalmological Society and a clinical associate professor of ophthalmology at The Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the New York University School of Medicine. He has been chief of the glaucoma service at the Long Island Jewish/Northwell Health Department of Ophthalmology since 1981, and is emeritus chief of ophthalmology and past president of the medical staff at New Island Hospital.
Dr. Prywes is past president of the Nassau County Medical Society, Nassau Academy of Medicine, Long Island Ophthalmological Society, and an Honor Award recipient and councilor emeritus of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Prywes is a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology, fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American College of Surgeons. He served as a reviewer for the journal Glaucoma and chair of the Patient Advocacy Subcommittee of the American Glaucoma Society. He is actively involved in clinical research and is the inventor of multiple patents, including one for the XEN gel stent device, a minimally invasive glaucoma procedure indicated for refractory glaucoma.
Dr. Prywes has been listed as a Top Doctor in the Castle–Connolly Guide for over two decades.
* An OCLI affiliate
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Diplomate
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow and Life Member
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Glaucoma Society, Past Chair Patient Advocacy Subcommittee
- Long Island Ophthalmological Society, Past President
- Nassau County Medical Society, Past President
- Nassau Academy of Medicine, Past President
- New York State Ophthalmological Society, Past President
- Medical Society State of NY, Past Delegate
- New York Glaucoma Society, Member
- Ophthalmic Laser Surgical and Imaging Society, Member
- Allied Artists of America, Member
- Audubon Artists of America, Member