Did you know there’s a great chance you can use your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for LASIK vision correction?
It’s true, but you’ve got to hurry because the funds from your FSA account need to be applied to medical expenses before the end of the year! Don’t wait to schedule an appointment with OCLI for a complimentary, no-obligation LASIK consultation to see if you’re a candidate for permanent vision correction.
Why LASIK vision correction?
With LASIK, you’ll enjoy crystal clear vision 24/7! Wouldn’t it be great to wake up every morning without having to fuss with prescription eyewear?
Think about it: there are so many things that are easier to enjoy without glasses!
- Contact sports.
- Jogging, or any activity that makes you sweat.
- 3D movies. Glasses on top of glasses are seriously awkward.
- Roughhousing with your kids or grandkids.
- Playing with your baby or grandbaby.
Contact lenses bring their own set of challenges:
- Contacts are inconvenient. They have to be regularly cleaned, disinfected, and stored. While daily wear lenses can spare you these particular steps, they’re more expensive and still require an extra step in your morning routine.
- Want to see clearly while you play in the pool or shave your face or legs in the shower? Contacts aren’t going to help you, because protecting them from water is critical to avoiding contamination.
- Even at their best, contact lenses can become uncomfortable with extended hours of wear, especially in arid climates, windy conditions, and for people who suffer from dry eyes.
The facts about LASIK.
Interested in knowing a bit more about LASIK before you schedule? Here are the facts.
- LASIK stands for Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis. It is a safe, common outpatient procedure and is used to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- During a LASIK procedure, the cornea is reshaped by a computer-guided laser to improve the eye’s focus: farsightedness is improved by flattening the cornea; nearsightedness is improved by heightening the curve of the cornea; astigmatism is improved by smoothing irregularity.
- The actual LASIK procedure takes only about 15 minutes, though you can expect to be at our office for 1.5 to 2 hours. Typically,both eyes are done in the same sitting.
- During your LASIK procedure, you’ll sit in a comfortable reclining surgical chair. Dr. Silverman will apply drops to numb your eye. If necessary, he can give you medication to help you relax.
- Any post-procedure discomfort is mild, temporary, and can generally be relieved with eye drops. Vision is typically normal within eight hours and will continue to improve over time.
There are so many reasons to liberate yourself from prescription eyewear with LASIK vision correction. Enrollment periods for using your FSA are brief, so contact your health plan administrator today to learn about how you might be able to use your FSA funds for this life-changing procedure.
At OCLI, we’re proud to offer our patients the latest and safest advancements in LASIK surgery with the femtosecond laser, as well as state-of-the-art technology for all your eye care needs. From routine vision screenings to dry eye treatment to cataract surgery to permanent vision correction and much more, we do it all with the friendliest service around. Give us a call today for your free LASIK consultation or help with any eye care concern.