Valerie Trubnik, MD, FACS
Glaucoma & Laser Cataract Surgeon
- Fellowship — Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia
- Residency — New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Internship — Lenox Hill Hospital
- Medical School — State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine
- Undergraduate — BA/MD CUNY Brooklyn College
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Glaucoma Society
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- New York State Ophthalmological Society
- Nassau County Medical Society
Valerie Trubnik, MD, is a board-certified ophthalmologist who has completed advanced specialty training in both the medical and surgical management of glaucoma. Dr. Trubnik received her bachelor’s degree from the esteemed B.A./M.D. program at CUNY Brooklyn College, where she graduated summa cum laude. She received her medical degree with special commendation in investigative scholarship from the State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine, where she attained membership in the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Dr. Trubnik completed her medical internship at the Lenox Hill Hospital and went on to complete residency training in ophthalmology at the renowned New York Eye and Ear Infirmary. Thereafter, she acquired fellowship training in glaucoma at the internationally acclaimed Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia.
Dr. Trubnik has presented original research at national ophthalmological conferences and has authored scientific papers for peer-reviewed medical journals. She has, in addition, coauthored a book chapter with the former chair of the glaucoma department and director of the glaucoma fellowship program at Wills Eye Hospital, Dr. George L. Spaeth. Dr. Trubnik holds active memberships in the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Glaucoma Society, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the New York State Ophthalmological Society and the Nassau County Medical Society.
A former professional ballroom dancer, Dr. Trubnik has competed in and won championships all over North America. She is also fluent in both spoken and written Russian and speaks conversational Spanish.