Laser Cataract Surgeon and Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Residency — State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Medical School — Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- Undergraduate — University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member American Academy of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member New York State Ophthalmologic Society
- Member Suffolk County Ophthalmologic Society
- Member American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Board-Certified Diplomat of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
Richard Davis, MD, is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in laser cataract surgery, LASIK, and comprehensive ophthalmology. Dr. Davis graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor’s degree in biology. He then received his medical degree from Thomas Jefferson University. He completed his ophthalmology residency at Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, Pennsylvania, where he became the Director of the Emergency Room at Inter-Community Memorial Hospital in Newfane, New York. Dr. Davis then completed a residency at State University New York at Buffalo, where he served as chief resident.
Dr. Davis founded the Department of Ophthalmology at Huntington Medical Group in 1991 and Precision Eye Care in May of 2000. He has been instrumental in bringing the modality of IPL to New York for the treatment of dry eye. Dr. Davis is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Davis is a partner at Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island, OCLI, an eye care group consisting of over 30 eye doctors and surgeons representing a broad spectrum of specialties in ophthalmology and optometry, with 14 locations throughout Long Island.