Comprehensive Ophthalmologist, Cataract & Refractive (LASIK) surgeon
- Residency – Kansas University, Prairie Village, KS
- Internship – Gundersen Lutheran Hospital, La Crosse, WI
- Medical School – University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI
- Graduate – West Virginia University, Master of Science
- Undergraduate – Pre-medicine, Eberly College of Arts and Sciences, West Virginia University/ Beijing University, Beijing, China
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Long Island Ophthalmological Society
- New York State Ophthalmological Society
- Women in Ophthalmology
Michelle Yao, MD, is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in comprehensive ophthalmology, cataract surgery and refractive surgery. Dr. Yao received her bachelor’s degree in science from Beijing University and underwent pre-medicine studies at Eberly College of Arts and Sciences at West Virginia University. Dr. Yao received her medical degree from the University of Wisconsin Medical School and completed her residency in ophthalmology at Kansas University in Prairie Village, KS. Dr. Yao is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (ACS). She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), the Long Island Ophthalmic Society and the New York State Ophthalmological Society.
Dr. Yao attends many continuing education courses including most recently the ASCRS winter conference, the Ocular Surgical News meeting, the AAO annual meeting, and Scientific Frontiers in the Practice of Comprehensive Eye Care at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.