Daniel Kiernan, MD
Medical and Surgical Diseases of the Retina, Vitreous and Macula
- Fellowship — University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Residency — The University of Chicago Hospital, Pritzker School of Medicine
- Medical School — Chicago Medical School/Rosalind Franklin University
- Undergraduate — The University of Chicago
- American Society of Retinal Surgeons
- The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Daniel Kiernan, MD, is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in medical and surgical diseases of the retina. Dr. Kiernan graduated from The University of Chicago with a bachelor’s degree in biology. He received his doctorate in medicine from Chicago Medical School/Rosalind Franklin University, and completed his residency in ophthalmology at The University of Chicago Hospital, Pritzker School of Medicine. During his vitreoretinal surgical fellowship at the University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary, Dr. Kiernan was awarded several accolades for his research in imaging and treatment of retinal diseases, including awards from the American Retina Foundation, the National Institutes of Health and the Retina Society. He continues his interests in investigating both noninvasive and surgical approaches for the diagnosis and treatment of sight-debilitating retinal diseases such as age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and retinal blood vessel occlusions.
Dr. Kiernan is a member of many professional societies, including the American Society of Retinal Surgeons, The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology and the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He is also a reviewer for several peer-reviewed ophthalmology journals.
Dr. Kiernan is an associate at Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island, OCLI, an eye care group consisting of over 30 eye doctors and surgeons representing a broad spectrum of specialties in ophthalmology and optometry, with 11 locations throughout Long Island.