Glaucoma Specialists and Cataract Surgery
- Fellowship — Glaucoma Consultation Service of Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School
- Residency — St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Medical School — New York Medical College
- Undergraduate — Manhattan College
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Nassau Academy of Medicine
- Nassau Surgical Society
- Long Island Ophthalmological Society
- Medical Society of the State of New York
Richard Sturm, MD, is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in glaucoma and cataract surgery. Dr. Sturm graduated summa cum laude from Manhattan College with a bachelor’s degree and received his medical degree from New York Medical College. After completing his ophthalmology residency at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, where he served as chief resident, he obtained a fellowship in glaucoma at the Glaucoma Consultation Service of Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Sturm has served as clinical instructor and director of glaucoma service at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the Nassau Academy of Medicine and the Nassau Surgical Society. He is also a member of several professional societies, including the Long Island Ophthalmological Society and the Medical Society of the State of New York. Dr. Sturm has been named “Best Doctor, New York Metro Area” every year since 1997 by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.
Dr. Sturm offers patient appointments exclusively in the Lynbrook office of Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island.